Terms and Conditions
1. Registration: All exhibitors and sponsors, including staff attending booths, are required to register online and check in as participating attendees at the Universal Design Today/Create WV Conference. Conference registration entitles exhibitors and sponsors to participate fully in all open workshops, keynotes and social events on the program.
2. Exhibitor Prices: Space for commercial enterprises - $700; non-profit enterprises – $400. The price includes one registration fee. Technology/Demo Space - $5000; Individual Makerspace table - $50; student exhibit space – Free.
3. Exhibit Size: Each booth is 10 x 10 feet and includes one 6 foot skirted table and two chairs.
For additional drapage, AV, electrical, etc., please see conference organizers.
4. Booth Blocks: To purchase multiple exhibit booths, or if two exhibitors would like adjoining space, you must indicate on the Booth Application Form (available online), and must be received at the same time as spaces are assigned on a first-come, first-served basis. Every effort will be made to accommodate special requests.
5. Location of Exhibits: The location of exhibits will be inside the North Hall and in high traffic areas to be determined of the Charleston Civic Center. The location of each individual exhibit table will be up to the discretion of conference organizers.
6. Exhibitor Applications: Exhibitor space will only be held for those who submit a completed registration and payment in full. Conference organizers reserve the absolute right to decline any exhibitor application for any reason.
7. Exhibitor Deadlines: Exhibitor commitment is due by March 30, 2017. Payments must be received by April 5, 2017. Due to the limited exhibitor space available at the venue, conference organizers also reserve the right to deny registrations prior to this date.
8. Set-up of Exhibits: Exhibit set-up may begin on Monday, May 15, 2017 at 8:00 am and continue until NOON. Neither the Charleston Civic Center nor conference organizers are liable for damage, loss or destruction of exhibits left unattended.
9. Removal of Exhibits: Exhibits must be fully dismantled and removed from the venue by 3:00 pm on Wednesday, May 17, 2017.
10. Outside Food and Beverage Policy: All outside food and beverage items must be approved by conference organizers prior to the start of the conference. Food items and drinks will be limited to exhibit for promotional purposes, and all costs are the responsibility of
11. Unacceptable Exhibits: The exhibitor agrees not to utilize any displays which conference organizers determine, in their absolute discretion, would endanger the person or property of the attendees or of the exhibitors, are in bad taste, are liable to discredit or subject to criticism or legal liability. Exhibits must not obstruct the view or interfere with the others’ exhibits. Conference organizers reserve the right to reject or terminate exhibit privileges of any exhibitor due to conduct of personnel, method of operation, materials, or for other causes believed to be incompatible with the mission of the conference. Any unethical conduct or infraction of rules on the part of any exhibitor or its representatives, or both, will subject the exhibitor or its representatives to dismissal from the venue, in which event it is agreed no refund shall be made.
12. Security: Reasonable security will be provided when the venue is closed. Neither the Charleston Civic Center nor conference organizers shall be liable for damage, loss, or destruction of exhibits or exhibitor property by reason of fire, theft, accident or other destructive causes. Each exhibitor is responsible for insuring exhibits and exhibit contents, supplies, and equipment.
13. Prize Drawings: Exhibitors may conduct prize drawings from their booths to increase booth traffic and collect business contact information. Exhibitors are responsible for managing their own drawings. Winners can be announced during a meal-time general session if proper prior notice is given to conference organizers. Conference organizers are not responsible for notifying winners or delivering prizes.
14. Goods and Services: The sale, advertisement, or display of goods/services for the sole purpose of fund-raising is prohibited. Conference organizers reserve the right to restrict the operation of any exhibit which, in the sole opinion of conference organizers, detracts from the general character of the exhibition as a whole.
15. Cancellations and Refunds: Exhibitor cancellations made in writing to PATHS/CreateWV by March 15, 2017 will receive a full refund of the exhibitor fee paid. Cancellations made after March 15, 2017 will receive a 50% refund of the exhibitor fee paid. Cancellations are deemed effective on the date that the written notice is received by PATHS/CreateWV.
16. Care of Exhibit Space and Facility: The affixing of anything to walls, floors, windows, elevators, pillars, ceilings, or plants is strictly prohibited unless prior approval has been given. Damages to exhibit space and/or the facility arising by failure to observe this rule shall be paid by the exhibitor.
17. Reservation of Right to Make Changes: Any matters not specifically covered herein are subject to the decision by the conference organizers. Conference organizers reserve the right to make changes, amendments and additions to these rules as considered advisable for the proper conduct of the exhibit, with the provision that all exhibitors will be advised of such change.